· Consultation: I offer a brief consultation with a prospective new patient to determine if acupuncture or herbal therapies may help address your problem. There is no fee for this consultation.
· New Patient Oriental Medical Evaluation: Appointments are between 1 and 1 ˝ hours and consist of three parts in which the patient remains fully clothed during this entire evaluation:
1. Listening carefully to your specific story, the history, and events leading to your present problem or needs. Asking questions to clarify the sources of imbalance, and loss of the ability to adapt to the internal and external stresses that have lead to your current condition.
2. The physical exam to gather tangible information to aid in the Oriental Medical Diagnosis. This includes, visual inspection , palpation for Diagnostic tender point locations, postural review, movement limitations and listening to the various rhythms of the body including breath and heart.
3. An Initial acupuncture treatment to engage your bodies ability to adapt to stresses and maintain stability.
New patients are asked to:
1. Come about 15 minutes before your first visit to complete information on the office forms used to aid in diagnostic assessment and preparing a therapeutic plan.
2. Wear loose comfortable clothing
3. Wear no perfumes or colognes
4. Bring any recent medical reports. Examples : Radiologist reports of x-rays, MRI, CAT scans etc , Laboratory reports from your visits to your doctor’s that may be related to the reason you are coming.
5. Bring a list of medications and supplements you are currently using , if any.
· Follow-up visits are between ˝ and 1 hour long depending on whether your treatment plan incorporates multiple therapeutic interventions ( acupuncture, bodywork, heat therapies, breathwork etc.) Each follow-up visit consists of:
1. A review of your progress and additional questions about improving your health & health concerns as well as incorporation of additional information you may have remembered.
2. Modifications to your treatment plan if necessary.
3. Therapeutic treatment according to your treatment plan.